MTA WA Automotive Excellence Awards
Over 400 Automotive industry representatives filled the Crown Towers Ballroom on Thursday night to celebrate the Automotive Excellence Awards which was hosted by the Motor Trade Association of WA.
The competition was fierce as the very best businesses nominated across twelve categories.
MTA WA Group CEO Stephen Moir said that the range and quality of businesses who nominated this year was outstanding and confirmed WA’s place in producing some of the best businesses in the country.
A highlight of the evening was the recognition of industry icon John Hughes who was inducted as an MTA WA Life member for his contribution to the industry and community. John’s career in the industry spans over 60 years, 50 of those at his iconic Victoria Park dealership and his drive to provide outstanding customer service is but one factor that sets him apart in this very competitive field.
Special guest Footy Show legend Sam Newman entertained the crowd with his views on everything from political correctness through top his love of American Muscle cars. Sam is the proud owner of a 1969 Ford Boss Mustang 429 along with an impressive range of other highly collectable cars.
The category award winners were:
- Regional Business of the Year - The Caravan Doctor Busselton
- Innovative Business of the Year - Allied Mobility Australia
- Automotive Repairer of the Year - RAC Automotive Services
- Body Repairer of the Year - Lombardi Bros
- Commercial Vehicle Centre of the Year - Catalano Truck and Equipment
- Recreational Vehicle Business of the Year - Caravan King
- Motorcycle Dealership of the Year - Perth Harley-Davidson
- Used Car Dealer of the Year- John Hughes Group
- New Car Dealer of the Year - Lexus of Perth
- Pre-Apprentice of the Year - Calen Duffy
- Apprentice of the Year - Coral Robins