VACC: Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two
The Victorian Government’s $371 million Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two will assist eligible small to medium businesses (employing and non-employing) most affected by the restrictions announced on Thursday, 27 May 2021 and extended beyond Thursday, 3 June 2021.
Eligible businesses with an annual payroll of up to $10 million can receive grants of $2,500 or $5,000.
VACC member-businesses which retail or maintain certain vehicles in specific categories can access the fund, refer to ANZSIC classes below. Grants are currently not available to general mechanics and body repairers, as these operations have been able to stay open during the lockdown.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- be located in Victoria
- operate in an eligible sector listed in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes for this program
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019/20 on an ungrouped basis
- have been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on Thursday, 27 May 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at Thursday, 27 May 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Employing businesses must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the circuit breaker action, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
Applications close on Thursday, 24 June 2021. Before submitting an grant application, members are advised to review the program guidelines and frequently asked questions.
For more information
Business Victoria: Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two
Business Victoria: Frequently asked questions